About Dr. Joyce
Joyce Shaffer, PhD, is uniquely qualified to write and teach Brain Power AT ANY AGE(TM) using Neuroplasticity for Ideal Aging®.
- Her recent peer reviewed open source article, Neuroplasticity and Clinical Practice: Building Brain Power for Health, has received massive and extraordinary attention.
- She provides Keynote addresses and workshops internationally on Neuroplasticity for Peace, Business and Health.
- Throughout her more than 40 years in healthcare she has stayed at the cutting edge of neuroscience.
- She earned a Doctorate in Psychology from Hofstra University.
- A Thomas Jefferson University graduate, she is licensed as registered nurse.
- Since 1983 she has served as an expert for the University of Washington mental health court (and other courts) on psychiatric AND medical matters.
- She earned Diplomate status with the American Board of Professional Psychology.
- Bicycling for all of 2000 with the Odyssey 2000 (O2K) trek that averaged 80 miles a day in 45 countries on 6 continents, Dr. Joyce is a testament to Ideal Aging®.
- Dr. Joyce excels at bringing hard scientific data alive so you can enjoy its benefits.
- She has academic and nonacademic publications.
- As a result of her book Ideal Aging®: 5 Steps to Keep Your Brain Fit and her video recordings of her Ideal Aging Summit™, she has been an invited guest to TV programs including the panel of experts on the PBS series Second Opinion.
We gave a 90-minute presentation at the 109 th Rotary International Convention in Toronto for over 500 guests entitled Brain Power for PEACE: Building Global Relations though Neuroplasticity.
Invite us to present for YOUR group on YOUR interest in neuroplasticity.
Presentations & Publications on Neuroplasticity AT ANY AGE
Grand Rounds for Psychiatry at the University of Washington, Seattle, WA USA
Keynote Address for the 24 th Annual Nursing Research Conference in New York USA
World Congress on Positive Psychology: First, Third & Fourth events
Washington State Psychological Association Conventions
District 5030 Rotary Conference
Emerald City Rotary
Seattle International District Rotary
Vashon Island Rotary
Ideal Aging Summit
First International Congress for Sports, Health & Education, San Justo, Santa Fe, Argentina
Ideal Aging Summit
111 th Rotary International Convention
Shaffer, J (2018) Brain Power: How to Enhance Yours AT ANY AGE. Amazon Kindle & Print-on-Demand
Shaffer, J (2016) Neuroplasticity and Clinical Practice: Building Brain Power for Health. Frontiers in Psychology, 7:1118. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2016.01118 (“more views than 99% of all Frontiers articles.”)
Shaffer, J (2013) Cocoa and Other Brain Foods: Eat to Increase Your Brain Power. Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing eBook.
Shaffer, J (2012) Neuroplasticity and Positive Psychology in Clinical Practice: A Review for Combined Benefits. Psychology. Vol.3, No.12A, 1110-1115 Published Online December 2012 in SciRes (SciRP.org) DOI:10.4236/psych.2012.312A164
Shaffer, J (2010). Use Positive Psychology to Drive Brain Plasticity in a Positive Direction. Washington Psychologist, Volume 65, Issue 2.
Shaffer, J (2009). Ideal Aging™: 5 Steps to Keep Your Brain Fit. Bellevue, WA: Ideal Press.
Shaffer, J (2007). Ideal Aging™: 7 Steps to Keep Your Brain Fit. Bellevue, WA: Idea Press.
Shaffer, J (2004). Stress Power with Relaxation Conditioning. Bellevue, WA: Ideal Press.
Articles for Rotary eClubOne
Brain Health Principles: Overview 02/02/2017
Your First Steps for Brain Health 4/07/2017
Brain Health: Use Them and They Will Grow 05/02/2017
Brain Health: Being Outliers as Role Models! 8/29/2017
Brain Health by YOU … and by Music! 10/13/2017
Nurses for Brain Health: Being Outliers as Role Models! 12/30/2017